In a recent post on HaloWaypoint.com 343 Industries Josh Holmes spoke about the recent changes over at 343i's HQ, founding member Kenneth Scott recently moved states to California due to family commitments, sadly this meant Scott has stepped down from his position as Art Director at the studio, but will continue to contribute in his new role as Visual Design Consultant.

With this move, Josh was pleased to introduce the man who would 'fill his (Kenneth Scott's) shoes' and announced that  Nicolas “Sparth” Bouvier is taking over for Kenneth as the new Art Director at 343 Industries. 

 Kenneth had this to say about his move -

It was hard to make this decision. This team has been my family for half a decade and I love them dearly. Helping build this studio and team is easily the highlight of my career. It's heartbreaking. 

BUT! 

I'm excited to hand the big pants to one of my dearest friends, Nicolas 'Sparth' Bouvier. Nicolas and I have worked together for the last eight years, and we've shared a brain for most of it. He was one of my first hires to 343, and not seeing him day-to-day will feel as weird as losing a limb. I have the utmost confidence in him and I know the future is sound in his mighty fingers. 

AND! 

We just can't get enough of each other, so I will continue to support 343 and this universe as a Visual Design Consultant from sunny Santa Monica. 

In my underwear. :) 

Those Skype meetings will get awkward... 

- Kenneth


I was sad to hear about Scott's departure as 343i's Art Director, Although i fully understand his reasons for doing so, I wish Scott and his family all the best for all future endeavors.

Josh Holmes didn't want to leave his post on a negative note (and neither do i!) so as treat we got a slice of juicy Halo goodness, with Holmes revealing brand new Halo concept art.

   ''In closing, I will leave you with this image from Sparth – an early exploration of a new location that features prominently in a little game project we’re tinkering with…. 

/Josh 



A sneaky little sentence closed that post from Josh Holmes, but started many conversations amongst the Halo community as people took to the internet to discuss the new art. 

Anything you've seen that had got you thinking? Be sure to email us with your comments! I love to hear from you! info@YouKnowYoureASpartan.com